1. What is Ohlala?
Ohlala is a location-based social search mobile application for “instant paid dating". This means that you can apply for paid dates with singles in your area 24/7 and receive dating inquiries after you have published a request with your ideas.
- Being a user you first create a meaningful profile with just a few clicks. You can instantly connect with exciting Ohlala members via chat. Female users can first browse profiles anonymously and then open a chat if they have chosen a profile. If you are a male user, your profile visits will be displayed to the profile owner.
- You can also take the first step and publish a dating request. This feature is perfect to plan your dates. By stating the meeting point, your preferred time, your dating budget, and a few details, your potential date partner already pretty much knows what you’re imagining. You also get 100% control over your dating cost.
- Ohlala members in your area will then have the opportunity to apply for a date with you. On average, you only wait 8 minutes to get an application.
- The Ohlala chat connects you directly with your dating partner for mutual interest. You discuss final details and meet for your first date.
In comparison to other platforms Ohlala offers you the following benefits:
- Ohlala is more effective for finding a new relationship since expectations of a date including financial arrangements are clearly communicated from the beginning.
- It can also be an incredible way to meet people who you would otherwise never have encountered.
- Last but not least, it is a much more efficient way to spend your time on dating as you can find dates instantly in your city.
2. Can I use Ohlala for commercial reasons?
The service Ohlala, its contents and the data accessible through Ohlala are available to the user for purely private or non-commercial purposes. Any use for other purposes, in particular for commercial purposes, is prohibited.
3. Is there a guarantee for finding my new partner at Ohlala?
Ohlala offers you access to its database. This database allows you to build partnerships and friendships with other members. Among other things, you get access to the messaging system of Ohlala so you can write messages to other members. In addition, you can unlock so called coins, the currency at Ohlala, via bank transfer or credit card to be able to start multiple chats.
Ohlala does not promise successful contact with other users of the service. The subject of your contract with Ohlala is not a marriage brokerage. Subject of the service is only the possibility of contacting the users of the service Ohlala.
1. How can I register at Ohlala?
With just a few clicks you can register with Ohlala. Simply provide your gender, email and phone number. However, please make sure that the information provided is in any case complete and correct, and that in particular the contact data deposited are valid and assigned to you and nobody else. By registering for the service you assure to be at least 18 years old.
Afterward, we will send you a confirmation email to your specified email account. In case you haven’t received our confirmation email yet please check your spam folder and add us to your email contact list.
2. Is a registration for free at Ohlala?
Yes, your registration with Ohlala is free of charge. After the free registration Ohlala offers you various services, which are paid via so-called coins. We will offer you a coin bonus on your first registration so you can test these services. The bonus is worth 25 coins if you are a man and 30 coins if you are a woman.
You can use these coins immediately for your first chat with an Ohlala member. One chat costs 10 coins, which means that you can have a minimum of two chats for free. The bonus will be charged as soon as you take the first step and open a chat. If you like the features and you want to buy more coins you can easily select different coin packages under the menu section »Buy Coins«.
3. Can I browse members for free at Ohlala?
Women can browse member profiles anonymously if they register as a female member and create a personal profile. Men have the option to post a date request instead.
4. Why do I have to provide a confirmation picture when registering with Ohlala?
At Ohlala we want to ensure that users can rely on the information they find in a user’s profile. Therefore, all our members are pre-screened before they can access the platform.
This means that in the course of the registration process you will have to provide us with an image to publish your profile. This confirmation picture needs to comply with the following criteria:
- an up-to-date picture of your full face
- a sign in the picture that says “Ohlala”
Simply hold up the Ohlala sign when you take a picture of yourself and make sure your face and the sign are clearly visible.
5. Why do I have to provide my phone number when registering with Ohlala?
1. Why can I not login?
If you cannot login to your account please send a request via [email protected]. Our service team is available through Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm and will gladly support you with your request.
2. Why is my profile name prohibited at Ohlala?
We reserve the right to block user names containing the following elements:
- your phone number
- e-mail addresses
- links to profiles on other social networks
- all terms that are related to body parts and/or sexual acts
- all terms that are related to prostitution
In case you choose a username containing these elements one of our service team members will kindly ask you to choose a username that complies with our policies. In particular, the display or indication of contact data in order to bypass the service or its messaging systems will lead to an exclusion of the platform.
3. How can I change my profile information?
You can change your profile details at any time. Please go to your profile and choose “settings”. Click “save” to secure and publish your new profile information.
4. Why do I have to provide a profile picture?
At Ohlala we want to ensure that users receive all necessary information about potential dating partners. In order to achieve this we make sure each profile has a proper photo of the person owning the profile.
A profile picture needs to comply with the following criteria:
- the picture has to correspond with your verification image
- the picture has to show your full face or body
- the pictures can show nudity, but no sex organs
- the pictures should not show any objects such as sex toys
5. Why are my profile pictures not allowed at Ohlala?
We reserve the right to block profile pictures. For profile pictures the following rules apply:
- all pictures have to correspond with your verification image
- at least one picture has to show your full face
- the pictures can show nudity, but no sex organs
- the pictures should not show any objects such as sex toys
In case you choose a profile picture containing these elements one of our service team members will kindly ask you to choose a profile picture that complies with our policies. When uploading your new photos, consider if the same pose or outfit would be appropriate in public.
6. Why does Ohlala block my profile?
Ohlala may temporarily or permanently block your access to the website if you violate our policy or applicable law, or if Ohlala has any other legitimate interest in the suspension. Ohlala will, however, take into account the legitimate interests of the individual user.
In particular, you are prohibited from doing the following:
- the posting, dissemination, offering and promotion of pornographic content, services and / or products that violate child protection laws, data protection laws and / or other law,
- the use of content that offends or defames other users or third parties,
- the use, provision and distribution of content, services and / or products that are protected by law or encumbered with third-party rights (such as copyrights) without expressly being authorized to do so
- the spread of viruses, Trojans and other harmful files,
- the sending of junk or spam e-mails and chain letters,
- the dissemination of offensive, sexually explicit, obscene or defamatory content or communication and any content or communication that is capable of promoting or supporting racism, fanaticism, hate, physical violence or illegal acts (in each case explicitly or implicitly),
- the harassment of other participants, e.g. by multiple personal contact without or against the reaction of the other user as well as the promotion or support of such harassment,
- inviting other users to reveal passwords or personal data for commercial, legal or illegal purposes,
- inviting other users to pay money for a date that has not taken place yet.
In the case of temporary or permanent blocking, one of our service team members will notify you via email.
7. How do I deactivate my personal account?
Please send an email via [email protected] and inform our service team about your intention to deactivate your profile. Mention your username and the email you have deposited in your Ohlala account and we will deactivate your profile instantly. Afterward we will send you a confirmatione mail to inform you that the deactivcation process has been completed.
1. What does the option “Ohlala” mean?
If you choose “Ohlalala”, you leave it to chance what happens on your date. If you do not want to leave it entirely to chance, you can give a few details in your request. If you choose the combination “Dinner” or “Drinks" plus “Ohlala", you express the desire to meet in a restaurant or bar, leaving the end of the date completely open. If you just click on “Drinks" it means that the date definitely ends in the bar or the restaurant.
1. How much does a chat cost?
A chat costs 10 coins no matter the duration of the chat. The user who starts the chat will be charged with the 10 coins. 10 coins equals about 2,50 euros if you are a man and 1,50 euros if you are a woman.
2. What happens if no one logs in to the chat?
If nobody answers the chat, we will refund the 10 coins automatically after the expiration of the request.
3. Why can I not send pictures and videos through the chat?
The publication of any kind of content that violates applicable law, the rights of third parties or the principles of the protection of minors are prohibited on Ohlala. In particular, you are prohibited from doing the following:
the posting, dissemination, offering and promotion of pornographic content, services and / or products that violate child protection laws, data protection laws and / or other law,
the use of content that offends or defames other users or third parties,
the use, provision and distribution of content, services and / or products that are protected by law or encumbered with third-party rights (such as copyrights) without expressly being authorized to do so
the spread of viruses, Trojans and other harmful files,
the sending of junk or spam e-mails and chain letters,
the dissemination of offensive, sexually explicit, obscene or defamatory content or communication and any content or communication that is capable of promoting or supporting racism, fanaticism, hate, physical violence or illegal acts (in each case explicitly or implicitly),
the harassment of other participants, e.g. by multiple personal contact without or against the reaction of the other user as well as the promotion or support of such harassment,
inviting other users to reveal passwords or personal data for commercial, legal or illegal purposes,
inviting other users to pay money for a date that has not taken place yet.
1. What are paid features on Ohlala?
In case you want to open a chat, you can do that with coins only. A chat costs 10 coins and it will last till your first date. To test the feature, you will get 25 coins for free when registering with Ohlala. If you like the function, you can buy more coins via the menu section »Buy Coins«. There are different coin packages available without a subscription-bound membership. You only pay for the services on Ohlala that you really use.
For women we offer the following coin packages:
- Package S
80 coins for 10 EUR
- Package M
245 coins for 25 EUR
- Package L
550 coins for 50 EUR
For men we offer the following coin packages:
- Package XS
40 coins for 19,99 EUR
- Package XS/S
75 coins for 34,99 EUR
- Package S
115 coins for 48,99 EUR
- Package S/M
185 coins for 73,99 EUR
- Package M
285 coins for 97,99 EUR
2. How can I pay at Ohlala?
The following payment methods are available for payment at Ohlala:
- SEPA direct debit
At the end of your booking you will be asked for your banking details for the transfer. Registration is not necessary. Your data will be encrypted and the transfer will be made directly. The payee is displayed on the payroll as “Spreefang GmbH". Ohlala as a company will not be mentioned on your payroll.
- Credit card
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Your credit card will be charged upon completion of the booking. The payee is displayed on the payroll as “Spreefang GmbH". Ohlala as a company will not be mentioned on your payroll.
1. How does Ohlala ensure that my private data is safe?
2. How does Ohlala ensure that users do not harm the community?
At Ohlala you have the option to flag or report users. According to the details of the complaint we will then check individual cases which may lead to the exclusion of users from the platform. In doing so, we also consider the interests of the affected person and offer the opportunity to correct a possible misconduct.
1. How can I get support from Ohlala?
Please contact the Ohlala team via [email protected] for support. On request we will assist you with your registration, your login, your personal account, the Ohlala features such as the messaging service, security issues and your payment. Our service team is available from Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.